Our Librarian, Pippa, is always on the lookout for new resources for the students at our school. Here is a list of blogs she found on homeschooling special needs kids that might prove useful.
Tips and Advice for Homeschooling Kids with Special Needs
- Special Connection Homeschool: A homeschooling mom of a daughter with Down syndrome started this page to share resources for others who have special needs kids and homeschool.
- LD Parents: This blog is for the homeschooling parents of children with disabilities.
- Profiles of Martial Artists with Disabilities: A blog encouraging people with disabilities to learn martial arts, this site includes advice and tips.
- A New Vision: This blog features public education, essays, encouragement, and actual stories of people with significant disabilities who obtain employment, wages, and community integration in their lives.
- Special Education and Disability Rights Blog: A team of attorneys and advocates in southern California who represent parents of students with disabilities this blog is a place for anyone interested in special education issues to share stories and ideas with the special education community.
- Autism Assistance: Provides information about grants, financial assistance, funding strategies and other resources to help families coping with autism and other disabilities.
- Disability is an Art: A blog for people with disabilities to discuss problems without fear or hesitation.
- The Disability Facts Blog: The blog includes disability-related resources, information, and tips related to employment and homeschooling issues.
- Blue Room Weblog: A health blog to support people with depression, anxiety and other mental disabilities, Blue Room includes posts and articles for homeschooling.
- Disability and Health: A blog that focuses on disability articles concerning physical and mental health and information concerning federal benefits.
- Eclectic Education: This homeschooling blogger cares for her two special needs kids and offers tips for others in the same situation.